It was a Sunday evening at Shoreline Covenant Church. My first word-for-word presentation of the Gospel of John. A couple hundred people were there. Some from that church. Some from my own.
Only one major brain freeze. But other than that, it went pretty well.
No one laughed. (Except at the parts that were supposed to be funny.) I didn’t get heckled. No rotten fruit. No one pulled me aside and said, “Nice effort…but please don’t do that again in public.” Nope. It went pretty well.
Yep…yesterday was the 17th “birthday” of That You May Know Ministries. And I had no idea what I was getting into.
- I didn’t know that this would be anything more than an occasional presentation of the Gospel of John.
- I didn’t know that I wouldn’t continue as a youth pastor and do this “on the side.”
- I didn’t know that I would end up presenting 13 books of the Bible (and a one-man Christmas comedy).
- I didn’t know that this would bring me to Europe, Canada, Japan, and Hong Kong.
- I didn’t know that I would record several presentations on CD and download. (and distribute over 30,000 of them).
- I didn’t know that I would write two books (and have people actually buy and read them).
- I didn’t know that I would have a DVD of the Sermon on the Mount.