A few pages into Michael Hyatt’s new book – Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World – I knew I was holding something incredibly unique. Very rarely does a book come along that perfectly marries sound theory with practical application. Michael Hyatt (former CEO and current chairman of Thomas Nelson Publishers) does exactly that on every page. I read through the whole thing in one, long plane flight – knowing the whole time that I would be reading it again and again as a daily guide to building my own platform.
[NOTE: This paragraph was time-sensitive and has now expired.] Today is the first day of “Launch Week” and anyone who purchases a copy of the book today will get a TON of free stuff. Click the picture above to find out who to get $375.98 worth of resources, videos, etc. But you have to buy THIS WEEK!
Hyatt walks the reader through exactly what he did to build his platform from zero to several hundred thousand. (NOTE: Eight years ago Michael Hyatt started his blog. Four years later he hit 1000 unique visitors per month. As of last month – four more years – he now has over 400,000 unique visitors a month.)
He is transparent about his own mistakes, humble in spite of his accomplishments, and truly generous with his insight and guidance. There are 60 chapters, but each chapter is only 2-3 pages and is packed with step-by-step guidance, from creating a product or message, to setting up a blog, to interacting via Twitter. You name it…he covers it.
Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World is divided into five sections:
- Start With “Wow.” (All about developing your product or message.)
- Prepare To Launch (Covers everything you need to know about getting ready to take your message to the world.)
- Build Your Home Base (Step-by-step guide to making sure that your blog (or website) is built in a way that communicates your message effectively and attracts – and keeps – visitors.
- Expand Your Reach (Questions about Twitter, Blogging, or Facebook? The answer will be in this section.)
- Engage Your Tribe (Even online…it’s about relationships. Starting them. Cultivating them. It’s all here.)
About the only negative thing I could say about Platform is that I now have heaps to do in the coming months and years! (The more I think about it, I guess that’s actually a good thing…)
Remember to click here [expired link] (or the picture above) to get almost $400 of free content and training from Michael.