Every week, someone asks me how I study the Bible. What Bibles – and translations – I use. How I start. How I keep going. What books and websites I use for deeper study and finding background info. What apps I have on my phone. Today, I’m going to answer all of those questions. (Buckle up!)
Here’s how I’m going to lay it all out. First off, I recorded a webinar in which I went through all of this and then did a bunch of Q & A at the end. It turned out to be 80 minutes long, but I’ve put the whole thing a few inches down your screen (as well as on my YouTube aChannel).
A taste of what we covered:
- What is the mindset that makes all the difference?
- How do I approach reading the whole Bible? (and actually finish!)
- How do I study a book of the Bible?
- What book of the Bible should I start with?
- Where should someone start who is new to the Bible?
- What are the best apps for your tablet/smartphone?
- What online resources do you use?
- What desktop program do you recommend for in-depth study?
- What books have been helpful for you?