10 years! I can’t believe it. I look forward to it every year…the Rapid Bible Read Thru. For the last several years, over 200 people from around the world joined me in this life-changing adventure. This year…I’d love for YOU to be one of them!
I’m only asking for 4-6 months. That’s it. Winter and Spring.
- In less than six months you will know the Bible better than ever before.
- In less than six months you will enjoy the Bible more than you thought possible.
- In less than six months you will make new friends from around the world (and maybe in your own community).
You don’t have to take my word for it. Here are a few responses from some of the folks who have joined me in years past…
These past few months have been an incredible journey! God is speaking to me like he hasn’t in a long time. I am excited for the future like never before.”
I’m convinced this is the best way to read the Bible.”
I’m doing it for the third time. Reading in big chunks enables me to see the big picture. I recommend it to people all the time!”
It was truly an exhilarating experience to fall in love with our creator in a more intimate manner!”
The RBRT helped to encourage and motivate me to stay on even when I felt I couldn’t meet the deadline. Reading the Bible is so exciting and it is so good to do it regularly. And doing it together with so many other people from different corners of the world with different backgrounds, just reminded me how much our God loves us and how much I want to love Him better!”
Although reading through the whole Bible sounds daunting, it’s much simpler than you’d think.”
I did the 4-month Rapid Bible Read Thru to challenge myself to read a larger volume of Scripture, to try reading chronologically and above all to grow in my relationship with God. It’s been way beyond my expectations and I can hardly believe that I’m almost done. A challenge worth taking!”
I’ve been a Christian nearly my entire life and have always studied the Bible, but this challenge has changed me! I feel like I understand God on a whole new level. It’s like the blinders have been lifted off my eyes and I see God with a new perspective and hear Him with a new heart.”
If you HAVE done the Rapid Bible Read Thru before – here are the links to…
- Let me know you’re on board by signing up
- Grab your free Chronological Reading Plan!
- …join the Facebook group!
If you HAVEN’T done the Rapid Bible Read Thru before – check out this short, BRAND NEW video:
Are you in? Here are the links you need…
- Let me know you’re on board by signing up.
- Grab your free Chronological Reading Plan!
- Join the Facebook group!
The top 4 questions about the Rapid Bible Read Thru (and more info about some of the links).
1. Why and How did you start doing the Rapid Bible Read Thru?
It all started in 2009 when someone who took my Falling in Love with God’s Word Workshop sent me an email with a link to this article by Ron Frost. He writes of meeting a retired missionary who had read the Bible 2-3 times a year for several decades.
Now Ron – a former professor at Multnomah University in Portland, OR – has done the same thing for close to 50 years!
We connected over email, then sat down for lunch one time when he was passing through Seattle. After ignoring the prodding for a few months, I finally did my first Rapid Bible Read Thru with five other guys to kick off 2010. I’ve now done it every year since. Life changing!
2. What is a Rapid Bible Read Thru?
There are only three parameters and they’re quite simple:
- Read the Whole Bible in 4-6 Months. – This may sound like a lot, but it boils down to between 30-50 minutes a day. (See Question #3 for more on this.)
- Read with a Pen in Your Hand. – You’ll want to jot down the conversations you have with God as you read. This can be in your Bible, in a journal, or using a note-taking app. My favorite is OneNote. Other people prefer Evernote. (Both are free and keep everything synced across your computer, tablet, and smartphone.)
- Talk About It. – This is not optional! You need the accountability. (So do your buddies.) You will have more fun. You will learn and grow more than you could ever do on your own. (In case you’re interested, I did an entire podcast episode on this very topic. You can check it out here.)
3. What sort of time commitment will this take?
Most people think it’s going to take hours every day. (Not true.) Here’s the super-simple math: The average audio Bible is about 72 hours. 72 x 60 = 4320 (minutes). There are 120 days in January through April. Divide 4320 by 120 and the end result is 36 minutes each day. If you allow some time for jotting a few notes, getting up to grab a second cup of coffee, or simply to pause and ponder, you’re looking at somewhere between 40-55 minutes. BTW…If you’re going for 5 months, you’re looking at 29 minutes. If you’re committing to 6 months, you’re down to only 24 minutes. Totally doable!
- A Suggestion: Begin by setting aside 10-15 minutes longer than you “need” to in the beginning. (50-60 minutes for 4 months, 40-45 minutes for 5 months, and 35 minutes or so for 6 months.) You’ll be setting yourself up for success, and you will always be ahead. When you get sick, have a crazy busy day, or attend an all-day basketball tournament for your kids, you won’t fall behind.
- A Warning: Do NOT divide it up into 10 chapters a day! Your mindset will be all wrong. You’ll see it as “getting through” 9, 8, 7 more chapters. If you set aside an amount of TIME – rather than an amount of CONTENT – you will be more present with God in His Word.
4. Can we do this together?
You already know the answer to this. Y.E.S. However, you MUST fill out this form!
Here’s why…I recognize that not every one of my blog readers or email subscribers is interested – or able – to participate. Since Rapid Bible Read Thru 2019 will be highly interactive – email from me as well as the private Facebook group – the last thing I want to do is send everything to you if you don’t want it! (I’m guessing you’re not looking for ways to get more email.)
Signing up will take less than 30 seconds and will ensure that I have your best email address and I’m only sending the info to people who want it!
Free Chronological Reading Plan
You may or may not know this, but the Bible is not written in chronological order. In general, it is, but not entirely. Some events are told a few times. Others only once. Some books cover a long amount of time. Others are a deeper dive into a shorter time period.
Reading the Bible in the order the events actually occurred is super helpful.
I have put together this short eBook outlining every chapter in the Bible chronologically. You will find a deeper overview of this process in the opening pages.Click Here to grab your free Chronological Reading Plan!
For me, it’s helpful to simply print the two pages with the chapter breakdowns and tuck it in my Bible. Feel free to print it, copy it…or ignore it.
Wahoo! Let’s go!