First things first: Congratulations to Frank Tan (KidMin Pastor from Georgia) who won the five books giveaway from yesterday. He already replied and said he’s giving them away to his Sunday School team. Very cool.
NOTE: Don’t forget to grab your bonuses if you bought your book yesterday. Here’s how to claim your freebies!
I had no idea what to expect and I was overwhelmed. I had to force myself not to even glance at my email, Facebook, or Twitter before hanging out with Jesus a bit. I knew that once I looked…I would be running the rest of the day.
And oh boy, was I right.
Time with Jesus = Peaceful and Relaxing.
The rest of the day = An Amazingly Wonderful Blur!
Here’s the rundown…of what I can remember. (Make sure you at least scroll down to see the very cool picture at the end. I was amazed!)
- By the time I logged on to my email there will already about 25 people who had claimed their bonuses!
- People started tweeting out things like this:
- From @Trochia: “Struggle with being consistent in Bible Study. Grab the new book by @KeithFerrin and that will change! #LikeTheBible” Retweet it!
- From @FrankTan: “@KeithFerrin is giving away $100+ of bonuses if you grab his new book this week! wp.me/P2rPgQ-Bh #LikeTheBible” Retweet it!
- From @JAAFTW: “If you have trouble gaining momentum reading the bible or want to fall in love with God’s word…follow this guy @KeithFerrin #LikeTheBible” Retweet it!
- Emails poured in from people telling me HOW they are going to use 10 Tips. I am so excited that most of them were talking about the friends, small group, or Sunday School class they were going to be doing it with. Made me smile that people were applying Tip 7 before they even got the book!
- 10 Tips started the day at about 230,000 on the Amazon ranking. About 4pm I checked and it had broken into the Top 10,000. I was thrilled and expected very little more.
- Then I took a break for a couple hours and took Caleb to a friend’s house where we built his car for next Friday’s Pine Car Derby. (It’s outstanding! Gonna win for sure.)
- Just the Ferrin Five went out for Mexican food to celebrate.
- Spent the evening hanging out with the beautiful blonde who shares my name and gives me reason to celebrate on all the days I don’t write a book.
- My curiosity got the best of me and I checked Amazon one last time. I was so floored, I had to take a screen snip. Here it is:
#4 in Christian Education! I could not believe it.
It finished the day in the top 3000 in all books on Amazon. Beyond my wildest dreams.
- To all of you who bought 10 Tips book yesterday: Thank you!
- To all of you who prayed me through this process: Thank you!
- To all of you who read early copies and helped make it better: Thank you!
- To all of you who are read my words and enable me to live this dream: Thank you!
I went to bed overwhelmed with gratitude, joy, and peace.
And I woke up still smiling…
(NOTE: There are lots of you who have joined the conversation in this online community very recently. This is obviously a unique week where I will be posting much more than usual. Typically, I only post about once a week. Normalcy will resume shortly…)