If you’re looking for a movie that will inspire you, make you laugh, make you cry, and make you think about God’s right-by-your-side-even-in-the-suffering presence – you need to go see Miracles From Heaven. Oh…and you can watch it with your entire family. (Kari and I recently watched it with our three kids and they all loved it.)
[featured-image single_newwindow=”true” alt=”This is my eye-opening interview with Christy Beam, the mother from the new movie ‘Miracles From Heaven.'”]
Miracles from Heaven opens today – March 18, 2016.
In case you haven’t heard of Miracles From Heaven (from Sony Pictures Entertainment) here’s the brief, official description…
MIRACLES FROM HEAVEN is based on the incredible true story of the Beam family. When Christy (Jennifer Garner) discovers her 10-year-old daughter Anna (Kylie Rogers) has a rare, incurable disease, she becomes a ferocious advocate for her daughter’s healing as she searches for a solution.
After Anna has a freak accident and falls three stories, a miracle unfolds in the wake of her dramatic rescue that leaves medical specialists mystified, her family restored and their community inspired.
You can scroll down to the bottom of this post to watch the official trailer.
Just yesterday – yes, the day before the film opened nationwide! – Christy Beam graciously spent 20 minutes with me on the phone from her home outside Burleson, Texas.
My conversation with Christy inspired me as much as the movie!
Here is a sample of what Christy and I chatted about…
- Her involvement in the making of the movie with the actors and on-set
- The experience of the five members of the Beam family watching a private screening of the film together
- Her appreciation – and Annabelle’s – for Dr. Nurko
- Her own struggles with faith (and what solidified it)
- Her recommendation for anyone walking alongside a friend who is suffering, struggling, or confused with God’s plan and timing.
Sit down, push “play,” and buckle up. You’re in for a great ride…
Some “Miracles From Heaven” links to explore more…
- Official movie site
- The movie’s Facebook Page
- The Movie’s IMDB page (in case you want to learn more about the actors, producers, etc.)
- Miracles from Heaven: A Little Girl and Her Amazing Story of Healing – Christy Beam’s book
Here’s the official trailer…
[reminder]What is another movie that inspired you, challenged you, or caused you to ponder life and faith in a fresh way? [/reminder]