As you know – or at least you can guess from the header of this blog – my passion is helping people fall in love with God’s Word. Here on the blog, I frequently share ideas, book reviews, and other resources to help people do just that.
It’s likely that you also know that the “long version” of my process for studying the Bible relationally (rather than informationally) is spelled out in my book Falling In Love With God’s Word, and I teach it in my workshop.
What I don’t have is something in between.
- Something that can be digested quickly and applied immediately.
- Something that can be read alone or shared in a group.
- Something that would be helpful for the person who has studied the Bible for years or is picking it up for the first time.
- Something that is completely digital – so I can create it fast, sell it super-cheap, or even give it away. (Wouldn’t that be fun?!)
I have been thinking back over the literally hundreds of times I have spoken on this topic. I want this book to include ONLY the tips that were the most accessible, most practical, and most helpful to the most people.
My goal: Boil it all down to the 8-10 (12 tops!) most helpful tips from the last 17 years of speaking and writing. Whew!
See why I need your help?
My guess is that you are reading this because you have either heard me speak, read one of my books, or someone forwarded you one of my posts. (If you’re reading this for another reason, you’ve got me curious. Let me know here.)
Would you do me a huge favor and answer one of these questions? (I won’t slap your hand if you feel like answering more than one.)
- What idea/tip/recommendation have I given that you’re still using?
- What is an analogy or illustration I have used that has stuck with you?
- What one blog post (on Bible study) has helped you the most?
- What has made the most difference in helping you fall in love with God’s Word?
Thanks heaps! I’ll keep you posted!