The last time you heard from me was almost a month ago. Before diving into the new adventures – which I’m super-excited about! – here’s the quick rundown since you last heard from me…
- Flew to Atlanta to train a sales team in more effective, efficient communication
- Took a wonderful family vacation to central Oregon (river rafting, cliff jumping, hiking, playing card games and eating)
- Launched a “beta group” of my new online version of the Complete Communication System™ (more on that a few inches down)
- Spoke at the National Care Net Conference in Washington, DC
- Flew to the conference 3 days early with my son and walked almost 25 miles in two days. (Caleb is a rock star!)
- Relaxed at the lake over Labor Day before sending one daughter to high school, our son to middle school, our other daughter to elementary school, and my wife to kindergarten. (Before you reply with jokes – or concerns – she’s the teacher!)
It has been full…in all the good ways! Now the new adventures…
Adventure #1 – The Complete Communication System™ online training.
I can’t overstate how excited I am about this! You might know this already, but I have spent the last dozen years or so working with companies like (Microsoft, Amazon, medical sales, financial planners, etc.) to train them how to communicate more effectively – spoken and written, internally and externally. I love it.
Other than attending a workshop or hiring me for one-on-one coaching, there hasn’t been a “middle ground.” No way for people to get the training AND have interaction with me for a couple months to make sure the training sticks.
That’s all changing. I have a beta group of 14 people from vastly different companies big and small, huge corporations, non-profits, and one lead pastor.
I’ll be telling you more about this in about a month. If you want to find out more and make sure you get early access, you’ll want to let me know on this page.
Adventure #2 – The new book.
As you know, Bible Praying for Parents came out a couple months ago. The response has been amazing!
The “new adventure” part is hearing about – and following up with – people who are trying to integrate Bible Praying into their homes, churches, and relationships.
Here are just a few comments Judy (my co-author) and I have received by email, Facebook, or in person…
- A woman whose husband never wanted to pray with her…until the short, directed prayers in BP4P gave them a guide
- A family using it as a devotional
- Pastors using it as new-parent gifts
- Children’s pastors giving it to families when a baby is dedicated or baptized
- A children’s pastor who just emailed me today asking for permission to include a Bible prayer from the book in each of their weekly updates.
This is amazing! Of course, why am I surprised? God gave us His Word and calls us to prayer. Of course He’s going to bless something that combines the two!
Adventure #3 – A more intentional and productive upcoming year.
With a ministry, a consulting company (see Adventure #1 🙂 ), and a wild-and-crazy family, it’s very easy to become “reactionary.” However, with “reaction” comes stress, a lack of productivity, and honestly, less quality content for YOU!
My word for this year is “intentional.” I want to produce more and better content, while maintaining the margins that allow me to spend the time with Kari, Sarah, Caleb, and Hannah that I need to spend. To do that, I am thinking months down the line (rather than days).
For example, here’s a taste of what’s coming…
- More posts unpacking Bible verses (since that’s what you asked for in the survey I sent last month)
- A new way for you to experience the “Thankfulness Challenge” I’ve done the last couple Novembers. (You’ll love it!)
- Posts, Emails, and Videos in December and January to help you get the most out of Rapid Bible Read Thru 2018. (Yes…I’m doing it again.)
Whew! That’s enough for today. Keep an eye out for a post next week where I look at what happens when you combine a popular Bible verse and waiting at red lights. (Are you curious?)