Are you in Family Ministry? A children’s pastor. A youth pastor. A volunteer. A Sunday School teacher. A nursery coordinator. A Christian school teacher or administrator. If you are involved in Family Ministry in any way…you have to read this book! (You’ll see how I can say this without reservation in a second.)
The Expert Interviews: All About Family Ministry is now available (earlier than I was expecting)!
This is going to be a fun month. I’m going to lay it all out for you below:
- The Backstory
- The 20 Questions Answered (and the Experts Who Answer Them)
- The FREE All About Family Ministry Online Portal
- The Special LIVE Events This Month
- The “Launch Special” (ONLY Available in October)
In January of 2018 I was speaking at the National Children’s Pastor’s Conference in Orlando. During one of the workshop sessions when I didn’t have any commitments, I was walking through the corridors of the conference center. So…I was walking. Praying. Thinking.
Then this thought came to me (I believe it was the prompting of the Holy Spirit)…
Ninety percent of the people in the trenches, doing the work of family ministry, will never attend this conference. They’re volunteers who can’t take time off work to come. They’re at small churches with small budgets that don’t include flights, hotels, meals and conference fees. And yet…these rooms are filled with experts sharing practical training that would help thousands of people who will never sit in these rooms.”
Then God told me one more thing…
Hey Keith. Do something about it.”
The Expert Interviews: All About Family Ministry is my first attempt to do something about it.
God has graciously seen fit to put me in positions where I have gotten to know a lot of family ministry experts. We’ve spoken at the same conferences, worked on projects together, and shared meals. Many of them have become friends. Several I have only known by name and face (but we’re becoming friends now).
When I reached out to a bunch of them and said, Hey. I have another one of my crazy ideas, lots of them said, I’m in!
I spent the next several months gathering information, refining topics, inviting more experts, and doing one-on-one, video interviews. Those 20 interviews have been transcribed into the chapters you’ll find in The Expert Interviews: All About Family Ministry.
The FREE All About Family Ministry Online Portal
These experts have WAY more to say about Family Ministry than I could fit in a book. So…I asked them if they would share their resources, thought processes, book recommendations with you. For free. They all agreed.
So…When you buy a copy of The Expert Interviews: All About Family Ministry you also get free access to the All About Family Ministry Online Portal where you can…
- Watch the video interviews
- Download free resources
- Get book recommendations from the experts
- Find links to other resources
- Discover how and where to interact directly with the experts
The 20 Questions Answered (and the Experts Who Answer Them)
- How do I help kids fully participate in the life of the church? (Sarah Anderson)
- How do I equip the leaders – paid and volunteer – in my ministry? (Dr. Michelle Anthony)
- How do I help kids become “participants” instead of “spectators?” (Karl Bastian)
- How do I work with the “difficult kid?” (Kim Botto)
- How do I last for the long haul? (Tom Bump)
- How do I create and grow a multigenerational culture at my church? (Melissa Cooper)
- How do I get – and stay – creative? (Brian Dollar)
- How do I do effective ministry in a small church? (Bill Gunter)
- How do I engage the whole family? (Dawn Heckert)
- How do I take advantage of the current trends in family ministry? (Heidi Hensley)
- How do I recruit and retain volunteers? (Steven Knight)
- How do I effectively communicate with parents? (Amber Lappin)
- How do I foster a “relational” family ministry? (Dan Lovaglia)
- How do I successfully minister to tweens? (Stanley Mearse)
- How do I lay a solid foundation as a NEW family ministry leader? (Kathie Phillips)
- How do I create space in my ministry for my kids’ emotions? (Dr. Kayla Pray)
- How do I create a partnership with parents? (Rob Rienow)
- How do I develop and execute a ministry plan? (Jason Tilley)
- How do I effectively minister to millennial parents? (Michayla White)
- How do I develop a personal and ministry mission statement? (Courtney Wilson)
The Special LIVE Events This Month
I don’t just want you to read from the experts. I want you to be able to meet them. Interact with them. Hear their heart. Ask them questions.
So…I have scheduled several of them to do Facebook Live interviews with me throughout the month. I’ve already done one and have at least two more this week.
I will be doing these on my Facebook Page (not my personal profile) so you’ll want to make sure to Like and Follow my Facebook Page so you’ll be notified when they’re happening!
The “Launch Special” (ONLY Available in October)
I love giving stuff away. And since I self-published this book, I can do what I want. (wink, wink).
Here’s the deal.
- Buy The Expert Interviews: All About Family Ministry from my online store.
- I will include a copy of Like Ice Cream: The Scoop on Helping the Next Generation Fall in Love with God’s Word for free.
- Pssst…If you buy 10 or more copies there may or may not be some extra books in there. (Ok…there WILL be some extra ones.)
If you’ve made it this far, you deserve to see the picture I texted my wife when the draft copy came in the mail a couple weeks ago…