Do you do any Christmas shopping online?
If you said, “No,” feel free to return to what you were doing. 🙂
If you said, “Yes,” please read on.
Amazon has teamed up with GoodShop/GoodSearch to donate 1.5% of every online purchase. Over 2,500 other online retailers like Toys-R-Us, BestBuy, Apple, Target, Microsoft, and Expedia have jumped on board too. Chances are, your favorite online store is on the list.
Here are a few really cool things about it:
- It costs you nothing. Nada. Zilch.
- You shop on the normal websites (NOT through some special portal where the prices get marked up to cover the donation).
- You get to choose the charity or school where the donation goes.
- That You May Know Ministries was accepted as an approved charity! (Can I get a “woot, woot”?!)
- They only started in 2005 and have already given away over $9,000,000!
For those of you who like numbers…
- If the people on my mailing list spent just $200 online…
- …and went to GoodShop first…
- …together we would raise over $4,000!
If you want to see it in action (or you just like watching videos) you can click the 2.5-minute video at the bottom of this post. The first 90 seconds are about GoodSearch and the last 60 are about GoodShop.
If you just want to start shopping, here is the simple, 2-click process.
Step 1: Click this link. Right under the search box it should say “We give money to That You May Know Ministries (Kirkland, WA) every time you search the web or shop online.” If it doesn’t make sure you Select/Search for “That You May Know” before shopping. (NOTE: You can’t search for “Keith Ferrin” since the non-profit is That You May Know Ministries.)
Step 2: Click any online store and start shopping as you normally would! You’ll automatically be redirected to their site. If you don’t see the store your want on the main page, just search for it by name (top search box) or category (list on the left).
IMPORTANT: Each time you shop online, make sure your start at GoodShop first. You might even want to set it as your home page for the next month. (Here are some instructions if you don’t know how to do that.)
And now the video…