There are lots of books about doing KidMin. There are very few about leading Kidmin. If you are a KidMin leader – family pastor, nursery leader, volunteer, or anything else in family ministry – you need to read Leading KidMin: How to Drive Real Change in Children’s Ministry.
[featured-image single_newwindow=”true” alt=”Leading KidMin Interview Graphic”]
The two authors – Pat Cimo and Matt Markins – know what they’re talking about. Pat is the Director of Marriage and Family Life at Willow Creek and Matt is the Vice President of Ministry Resources at Awana. Between them, they have over five decades of KidMin experience.
I had the chance to sit down with both of them and talk about the state of KidMin – and specifically – how to help the leader stay healthy, last a long time, and lead lasting change.
Simply put: This book is fantastic! Watch the interview, then please, grab a copy today!
Here are the questions they answer in this interview:
- Why did you write Leading Kidmin?
- What do you hope this book accomplishes for the reader and the KidMin community?
- Tell me about the research that went into this project?
- What is your favorite chapter? (BTW…They have different answers!)
- What are the practical pieces that will really help the KidMin leader?
- What’s this new “KidMin Dashboard” you created (and included)?
- Is this for larger churches, smaller churches, or both?
- What did you find the most encouraging as your researched and wrote?
[reminder]What’s your favorite book for the KidMin leader?[/reminder]