“What is the best Bible for my child?” I can’t tell you how many times I get this question every year. Today I’m going to answer it for you…no matter how old your child is.
To make sure this list is thorough and up-to-date, I asked two groups of experts before I wrote a single sentence. First…I asked two Facebook groups filled with people who work, volunteer, and serve in Family Ministry. Second…I emailed the publishers of the four most popular translations – NIV (Zondervan/Harper Collins), ESV (Crossway), NLT (Tyndale), and CSB (LifeWay/B&H). (NOTE: This post won’t go into which translation I prefer. If you’re interested in my favorite translations, you’ll want to check out this post.)
So…This is going to be a looooong post. To make it a little easier to navigate, here’s what you’ll find:
- A clickable Table of Contents right below this paragraph. Find the age of your child – or children – and you’ll find a list of Bibles to check out.
- The first listings in each age group are the recommendations I received directly from the publishers.
- All of the recommendations from Family Ministry professionals and volunteers are in alphabetical order for each age group.
- Every Bible is linked to it’s Amazon page so you can read deeper descriptions and reviews.
Table of Contents
- The Best Bibles for Preschoolers (Ages 0-6)
- The Best Bible for Early Elementary Kids (Ages 7-10)
- The Best Bible for Tweens
- The Best Bible for Teenagers