Thanksgiving is tomorrow. (How’s that for stating the obvious?!) I have really enjoyed the 5-3-3 Thankfulness Challenge over the past three weeks. It’s been fun to read your comments and hear what you are thankful for as well – especially on the Facebook Page.
[featured-image single_newwindow=”false” alt=”CMConnect is THE online community for Children’s Ministry. Here’s an interview with the founder – Michael Chanley.”]
On this theme of thankfulness, I am always grateful when I come across people who are doing ministry in unique ways and unique places. Today I have the opportunity to interview someone who fits into both categories. Michael Chanley is the founder of CMConnect and the Executive Director and President of CMConnectGlobal.
Michael and I grabbed some time on Skype this week. Whether you are a parent, KidMin Pastor, or just love hearing someone who is passionate about serving people in unique and sacrificial ways, you will be challenged and encouraged by this interview.
Main Topic: Interview with Michael Chanley from CMConnect and CMConnectGlobal.
We cover a lot of ground in this interview!
- How Michael went from pagan…to Marine…to follower of Jesus (while a Marine).
- How a desire to connect 100 family ministry workers several years ago led to the birth of CMConnect – which now has over 12,300 members!
- The challenging story of a persecuted family ministry worker in Egypt who has been kept apart from his wife for more than 16 months (and how it looks like the will be reunited before Christmas!).
- The brand new CMConnect Conference April 15-17, 2015. (BTW – Scroll down for details on how you can get 40% off just for being one of my blog readers!)
And now…the interview…
Connect with Michael…
- CMConnect (his kidmin social network)
- CMConnect Global (his non-profit global ministry)
- Instagram (Michael says this is his favorite!)
Listener Question (Listen at 24:55):
How long does it take you to internalize a book of the Bible?
Can I answer your question on a future episode?
If you’d like to have your question answered on a future episode, here are the ways you can submit it:
- Call the dedicated Podcast Voicemail Line: (425) 522-3487
- Shoot me an email: podcast– at – keithferrin.com
- Record a voicemail – up to 90 seconds – at www.speakpipe.com/keithferrin.
- Send a message through my Facebook Page
- Send a message though my Contact Page
- Leave a comment here on this page.
Resource of the Week (Listen at 22:53):
This week I have two Resources – both of which come right out of the interview.
CMConnect – If you are in any sort of ministry to children or families…JOIN! (You weren’t meant to do this alone.)
CM Children’s Ministry Conference – The conference is happening April 15-17, 2015 in Louisville, KY. Michael created a coupon specifically for you – my readers and listeners – so you can get 40% off the conference registration.
Find out more – and then sign up! – right here. Make sure to use coupon code KFERRIN15 (ALL CAPS) to get your 40% off!
Links (People, Info, and Resources) from Episode 35:
- CM Children’s Ministry Conference
- DONATE – Support Michael’s friend from Egypt who has been kept away from his wife for 16 months.
- Michael Chanley on Twitter
- Michael Chanley on Instagram
- Michael on Facebook
- Sign up for the new Advent Devotional for FREE!
- Click here to get your FREE copy of My Top 10 Online Bible Study Tools
- Direct link to this podcast on iTunes.
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Subscribing to Any Podcast on Any Device (with screen shots)
- Podcast Art – Pipe & Tabor (Vancouver, WA)
- Intro/Outro Music – Dan Carollo of CeltoGrass Music
[reminder]What unique ministry are you thankful for?[/reminder]