Christmas is officially here. (I can tell by the fancy red cups Starbucks rolled out last week.) Do you ever feel like the Christmas season is simply too, well, too everything? Too busy. Too much food. Too much stuff. Too many parties. Too much noise.
If so…you really need to grab your free copy of the brand new, interactive Advent Devotional from Awana.
I had the opportunity to jump on Skype with Brannon Marshall, the Director of Church Engagement, and the guy who spearheaded the project. This devotional is truly unlike any I have seen before. You can watch the video interview, listen to the audio, or download the audio for transferring to your mobile device. All the links are right below.
Main Topic: A Fantastic – and Free! – Interactive Advent Devotional (My Interview with Brannon Marshall)
Most of this interview is about the new Individual/Couple/Family Advent Devotional that is available for FREE from Awaana. (Sign up for your free copy – or print the whole thing – here.)
Before showing you the video and providing all the links, I wanted to share my favorite quote from Brannon. It applies to everything Awana is about and strives to do:
[endorsement photo=”https://keithferrin.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Brannon-Marshall-Headshot1-e1415662161274.jpg” cite=”Brannon Marshall” byline=”Director of Church Engagement at Awana”]”At the end of the day, discipleship is about a child connecting with the Word and connecting with God.”[/endorsement]
Watch the interview (or scroll down if you’re one of those “reader-types”)…
Unique Characteristic #1: A different writer every day.
I was thrilled when they asked me to write one of the days. Then I saw the list of other contributors and became excited to not only write for it, but read it! Children’s pastors, speakers, moms, lead pastors, bloggers (ahem) – they sure covered their bases! I don’t know everyone on the list, but the ones I know are top notch. Can’t wait to hear from the others.
Unique Characteristic #2: Five different editions.
Are you single? A couple with no kids? A family with young kids? A family with late-elementary kids? A family with MS/HS students? They’ve got you covered. Application questions adapted for all five scenarios. Very cool.
Unique Characteristic #3: Three different formats.
- If you need that little nudge everyday, you can sign up to have it emailed to you each morning.
- If you prefer to simply bookmark a site on your computer, phone, or tablet – here’s the link you want: www.awana.org/advent. Starting December 1, that page will be refreshed with that day’s content and application.
- If you want to print it out – or simply want the whole thing so you can go back after – you can download the entire PDF (also available in all five versions).
Unique Characteristic #4: Completely free.
Can’t do a whole lot better than free!
Side Note: The generosity that is becoming one of the “hallmarks” of Awana is truly inspiring. These guys and gals are genuinely wanting to serve the body of Christ. They’ve invested a ton and aren’t asking for a penny.
Here’s a little more about it and how you can get yours…
Can I answer your question on a future episode?
If you’d like to have your question answered on a future episode, here are the ways you can submit it:
- Call the dedicated Podcast Voicemail Line: (425) 522-3487
- Shoot me an email: podcast– at – keithferrin.com
- Record a voicemail – up to 90 seconds – at www.speakpipe.com/keithferrin.
- Send a message through my Facebook Page
- Send a message though my Contact Page
- Leave a comment here on this page.
Links (People, Info, and Resources) from Episode 34:
- Brannon Marshall on Twitter
- Awana (where Braqnnon is the Director of Church Engagement)
- Sign up for the new Advent Devotional for FREE!
- Click here to get your FREE copy of My Top 10 Online Bible Study Tools
- Direct link to this podcast on iTunes.
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Subscribing to Any Podcast on Any Device (with screen shots)
- Podcast Art – Pipe & Tabor (Vancouver, WA)
- Intro/Outro Music – Dan Carollo of CeltoGrass Music
[reminder]Which of these questions will you apply first?[/reminder]