This episode is the second conversation in a 2-conversation “set.” (The first conversation can be found in Episode 003.)
Here is a short video letting you know what you can expect (or you can scroll down and keep reading if you’re a “reader” and not a “watcher”).
A couple weeks ago, I had the chance to speak to middle school (and some high school) students at Cascades Camp in Yelm, WA – at the foot of Mt. Rainier.
While I was there, several of the middle school students – and one of their student leaders who is going to be a senior in high school – agreed to sit down with me and have a candid conversation about the Bible.
And they were amazingly candid! (Sometimes brutally candid.)
WARNING: If you don’t want to hear words like “useless,” “worthless,” and “pointless” in a conversation about the Bible, you might want to skip this episode.
But if you want to hear how middle schoolers REALLY feel – and how they wish we “old people” talked, explained, and shared the Bible – then this will be 47 minutes well spent.
- How often do you read the Bible?
- When was the last time you read the Bible on your own?
- What is your biggest struggle with the Bible?
- What do you wish grownups knew about how teens feel about the Bible?
- What do you wish your youth pastor – or parents – did differently when it comes to talking about the Bible?
Do you know a youth pastor or a parent of a middle school student?
Would you please forward them a link – www.keithferrin.com/004 – to this episode?
Do you know how MS students REALLY feel about the Bible? Check out this candid interview by @KeithFerrin. https://keithferrin.com/004
You can also click here to share this post on Facebook…or copy/paste it into an email if you want to add a personal note.
If you want to listen here on the blog, the “Play” button is right at the top. You can also subscribe for free on iTunes. If you don’t use iTunes – or don’t know anything about subscribing to podcasts on a mobile device – I created this handy, dandy Step-by-Step Guide to Subscribing to Any Podcast On Any Device.
Due to the length of the conversation with the middle school students – 47 minutes! – I did not add listener questions to this episode. However…
Can I answer your question on a future episode?
I have several ways you can submit a question – or an idea for an episode topic:
- Call the dedicated Podcast Voicemail Line: (425) 522-3487
- Shoot me an email: keith – at – keithferrin.com
- If you’re reading this on the blog, simply click the tab on the right that says “Send Voicemail.” (Up to 90 seconds) Or go straight to www.speakpipe.com/keithferrin.
- Leave a comment here on this page.
The Next Two Episodes:
- The impact of expectations on how much – or little – we enjoy the Bible. We will unpack Tip #2 from my new book.
- How important is it to have a strategy when reading the Bible? We will unpack Tip #3 from my new book.
What questions would you like me to answer on one of these episodes (or a future episode)?
Links (People, Info, and Resources) from Episode 004:
- Cascades Camp & Conference Center. This is one of my family’s favorite places on earth. It’s also where this conversation took place.
- My new book – 10 Tips for Liking the Bible (Because Believing It’s True Is Not Enough)
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Subscribing to Any Podcast on Any Device
- Leave me question/comment/idea (90 seconds): www.speakpipe.com/keithferrin
- Dedicated Podcast Voicemail Line (No time limit…but be nice!): (425) 522-3487
- Podcast artwork – Brian Gage at Pipe & Tabor.
- Intro/Outro music – Dan Carollo of CeltoGrass Music.